Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

My dog ate some guacamole, shrimp, mayo dish. He is 15 lbs

Customer Question

My dog ate some guacamole, shrimp, mayo dish. He is 15 lbs and ate a small bowl of the food
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My dog ate some guacamole, shrimp, mayo dish. He is 15 lbs and ate a small bowl of the food what else would you like to know specifically
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 8 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Thank you for your question. As far as eating a dish that contained guacamole, shrimp and mayo, I really wouldn't be overly concerned with that. If that dog has a more sensitive stomach and is prone to gastrointestinal upset, this may cause some nausea. For most dogs, this most likely won't cause any problems. Some may have some lose stools from it. Overall, there really isn't a toxic concern here for dogs.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The small bowl of food he ate was-
Made with citrus rice, black beans, and fresh romaine lettuce topped with handmade guacamole, salsa fresca, chipotle sauce, and salsa. What should I do?

I'm sorry I had to go off line there late last night. How is he acting this morning? Again, the ingredients that you've listed don't specifically warrant any treatment.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?