Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My Doberman was just crying to go out later than s usual

Customer Question

Hi Pearl! My Doberman was just crying to go out later than his usual last time out, and when I took him out he was posturing to poop but very very little came out. I listened to his stomach afterward and heard bowel sounds. Earlier today after he pooped I had to pull a few threads from his chew rope out of his butt. He has a history of swallowing threads/cloth.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your Doberman will be able to digest that. What is the Doberman's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is 4
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rocko?
Customer: He has Von Willebrands
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 6 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H for short. I understand you have concerns about your pet having difficultly pooping with obvious foreign body material in the poop as well. The main concern here would be if anything he ingested is not able to exit the body causing a potential partial blockage since you say he had scant feces.

Does Rocko have any vomiting to note?

Is Rocko eating less food?

- Dr. H