Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Reoccurring UTI, She does not have any of the typical UTI

Customer Question

Reoccurring UTI
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: She does not have any of the typical UTI symptoms....only a positive urine test.
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: She licks her uretheria ......I wipe her with hymerroid wipes w bactine and she is soothed
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: Only that her uretheria is brown as is the same color of her mouth
JA: Is the dog eating normally?
Customer: We do switch her between dog foods Purina Pro Lamb Formula and Pro Plan I mix real chicken w it.
JA: OK, abnormal eating. How old is Purina Pro Lamb Formula?
Customer: Let me c ...purina one smart expires 8-17
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Purina Pro Lamb Formula?
Customer: Lamb is 1st ingredediant rice is second .......I do give her (please don't roll your eyes)....low fat frozen yogurt.
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Barbara and will be happy to help you and your little girl out today.

First, I do have some questions for you so I can get a better idea of her situation: How long has she had this recurring UTI and what do you use to treat it? What breed is your girl. . .and what is her name? Has she had any further diagnostics done ever (like x rays, ultrasound, complete blood profile, urine culture)? Also, how old is she?