Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I have a dog ( 14years old ) that is on predizone joints and

Customer Question

I have a dog ( 14years old ) that is on predizone for her joints and she has a growth on her left lung and she has been laboring to breath, it is like she is panting all the time, her vet only prescribes pain pills, is there something else that is less to help her breath?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 8 months ago.

Can you clarify "...something else that is less to help her breath(e)?", please .? Less than what? Prednisone is already providing the maximum antiinflammatory action in Cricket's lung. The only other conservative approach that might be of value would be a bronchodilator such as aminophylline/theophylline in case that tumor is causing significant bronchospasm.