Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

We have a 6 yr old male GSD having issues with weakness in

Customer Question

We have a 6 yr old male GSD having issues with weakness in all legs. Still able to walk and still running. Although on hard surfaces, slips. Also,has issues on stairs. Going up not coming down.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Looking back, we had the same issue with the stairs last summer, but it went away. At the time, I thought our other GSD had pushed him out of her way while going up the stairs and he had been injured or just became unsure of himself. The female is smaller, but can be very pushy.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 7 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

How old is your dog? How much does he weigh? Is he on any medications?