Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My little staffy who 16 has started having seizures, i think

Customer Question

hi ***** *****, my name is ***** ***** staffy who 16 has started having seizures, i think thats what the problem is.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: she falls overto her side and lets out a painful howl and starts to fit, she looses control of her bowls and kidneys. this has only started 2 days ago.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How many seizures has she had in the past 2 days?

Any access to toxins, drugs or dog unfriendly plants?

Any circling, head tilting, staring into corners, or changes in her behavior?

Is she on any treatment? Any known health issues?