How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rebecca Your Own Question
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 13044
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Rebecca is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog ate a mushroom from my yard what do I do

Customer Question

my dog ate a mushroom from my yard what do I do
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.


I am sorry to hear you are worried about Ele. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

How long ago did she eat the mushroom? Many mushrooms are not toxic, but of course some are very toxic. It can be very hard to identify mushrooms to know which is which. If this happened less than an hour ago and you are worried it could be toxic, you can try to get her to vomit by giving her hydrogen peroxide. How much does she weigh? You have to be careful; too much peroxide can be dangerous as well.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.

How is Ele doing? Most of the time dogs eat mushrooms and are fine. Watch for vomiting and diarrhea, or for her not to want to eat.

Let me know what else I can help with or answer....

Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.

How is Ele today?

Related Dog Veterinary Questions