Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog has had a seizure this morning and now he's

Customer Question

My dog has had a seizure this morning and now he's acting real skiddish and won't stop running back and forth it's been an hour since the seizure and he's still acting strange I think he might of ate something he shouldn't have but I can't be certain and is behavior is scaring me what should I do last time I went to the vet when he had a seizure about six months ago they said they couldn't tell what was wrong nd for me to keep an eye on him and till today it's been fine the only thing out of the ordinary is I mowed the lawn nd trimmed the bushes in his yard maybe a week ago other than that I can't say anything a been different
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 8 months ago.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Since Odin had a seizure before this, this is probably due to Epilepsy rather than some form of poison. It is not unusual for them to become excited after a seizure since they do not know what has happened to them. I would strongly encourage you to take Odin to your vet for blood work to determine why he is having these seizures. If he has another today, then take him to the ER vet just in case. For now, give Odin Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs which will hopefully make him drowsy while the effects of the seizure wears off.

Again, if he does not settle and/or has another seizure, take Odin to the ER vet immediately...something more serious could be going on with him that could require immediate care.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about Odin. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta