Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM

Edema in both back legs came on suddenly, no pain when legs

Customer Question

edema in both back legs came on suddenly, no pain when legs are manipulated. skin looks reddish and scaly.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: 13 yr old golden. has bad hips/arthritis. I checked with a flashlight really good, no wounds. he had struggled walking int he snow 2 days ago
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: no heat, doesnt seem to be in pain. yesterday my vet had said (over the phone, didnt see him) ok to give him previcox. it didnt effect the swelling
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 7 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. Edema in the back legs of a 13 year old Golden Retriever is never good.This is almost always an indication of a cancer....usually a lymphoma......and I am very sorry to have to relay this type of information to you. Anti-inflammatory might make your dog more comfortable but will not get rid of the edema.

If it is possible for your pet's sake I would try to have him seen as soon as you can. I am online so let me know if you have additional questions.

Expert:  Dr B replied 7 months ago.

I am standing by for questions....

Expert:  Dr B replied 7 months ago.

Did you need additional help?

Expert:  Dr B replied 7 months ago.

Please let me know if you need additional assistance. I check my computer every night and will be happy to answer any follow up questions.

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close our conversation as I am happy to answer follow up questions. Thank you very much! DRB