Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

I have a 4 1/2 old doberman puppy and have been posting s

Customer Question

I have a 4 1/2 old doberman puppy and have been posting his ears on and off for a couple of months-today when I removed the posts to clean his ears i noticed some fresh blood at the end of the cotton ball could i have irritated his ear canal by going to deep in his ear?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 8 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

That is certainly possible but in most cases, this irritation is normal and will not harm Rylee. After cleaning the ears, apply hydrogen peroxide to these areas to be sure they are not getting infected and do not use the posts for a week so these areas can heal. Apply the peroxide daily to be safe.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about Rylee. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta