Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog got into the garbage last night around 8:00 when I

Customer Question

Hi, My dog got into the garbage last night around 8:00 when I turned to answer the phone. I caught him quickly but he had ate some coffee grounds, a few tablespoons maybe. Fast forward to 10:30 pm, before we went to bed I noticed that he took an extremely large drink of water but wasn't too concerned and went to bed. He woke me up about 4:15 to go out which is unusual. When we came downstairs he again took another huge drink of water and then went out side. He both peed and pooped came inside, wanted his usual treats and then took another drink. So we have been up for almost an hour now, he seems himself except for his excessive thirst. He has now laying down and is sleeping. He is a 10 1/2 old Beagle about 47 pounds.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 8 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Are you seeing any other symptoms like: Excessive panting, tremors, hyperactivity, etc.?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.