Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

I have a little Maltese /Shitzu that keeps

Customer Question

I have a little Maltese /Shitzu that keeps scratching/licking his belly almost to the point of bleeding. He looks swollen around sheath. I have triamcinolone acetonide 0.02% for my skin condition. Am I able to use this on my dog?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It looks llike an allergic or dermatitis type of rash. He rubs his entire belly on anything roungh. Drags himself along the ground or carpet all day.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 6 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How old is your dog?

2- How long has this been going on?

3- How much does he weigh?

4- Any pre existing medical conditions?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.