Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in veterinary medicine and surgery.

Ive notice some blood comming from my dogs behind, it seams

Customer Question

ive notice some blood comming from my dogs behind
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it seams there is bright red blood in his stool but besides that he acts fine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** and I'll be happy to help you and your dog today.

Bloody discharge from the anus can indicate a generalized clotting problem, but usually this is from an inflamed colon lining and is what we call colitis. Colitis can be secondary to parasites, a bacterial infection, or just from eating unusual food.

Did he get something unusual to eat?

Just checking in to see how your dog is doing this morning. Is the colitis calming down?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Barbara

Hi! Hope all is going well for you both. Do you have any further questions or concerns for me? If not, I'd greatly appreciate your rating, as this is the only way I get credit for our chat.

Thank You!

Dr. Barbara