Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My dog started getting these little like wart bumps on her

Customer Question

My dog started getting these little like wart bumps on her back. After a couple days they turn into scabs. I jus gave her a bath with Keto-Plus shampoo. As I was washing her I found 2 scab clusters. One on her hind leg and another near her rectum. Do you know what this could be.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No wound.
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Chloe. I have taken her to the vet 3 times regarding this problem. She is a cocker spaniel and gets ear infections. He told me to rub her anti fungal ear medicine on the sores. It looks like it helps, but the she gets new sores.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chloe?
Customer: She is a little overweight, but she seems like she feels good. I stopped going to my vet because on the last visit he indicated that maybe I should think about putting her down. She is only 8 yrs old. Mostly an indoor dog.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.

Can you upload a photo(s) of representative skin to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing. I can't imagine why her vet would consider euthanasia for "wart bumps" or "scab clusters".

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We took some pics but they are not sending. Can I e- mail them to you?

The one image of her skin posted above is covered in hair and impossible for me to assess. The hair would need to be clipped away. Yes, you can email pics to***@******.*** and support will forward them to me. This can take up to 24 hours but I promise to reply as soon as I review them.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?