Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She is having a hard time breathing, she has past 2 weeks

Customer Question

she is having a hard time breathing
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: she has for the past 2 weeks can't afford a vet cough like there is something in her throat
JA: Coughing can be worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: sasha
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sasha?
Customer: it's my sons dog ***** *****
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 8 months ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about Sasha's cough.

I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.

In order to help me help you better, I'll need a little more information. To start with, please tell me the following:

• Is she on any medications, including heartworm prevention?
  • How old is she?
  • Has she recently been boarded or groomed?
  • Is her cough worse with exercise?
  • Does she wake up at night coughing?

I'll look for your reply soon and will do my best to help. Thank you.