Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

My dog just had 7 teeth pulled. She also has lups - so she

Customer Question

my dog just had 7 teeth pulled. She also has lups - so she is on an anti-inflammatory medicene called Meloxithyl. The medicene is helping her a lot for her teeth pain as well. I gave her the regular amount for a 7 pound dog last night and was wondering if I can give her another amount again this morning to keep the inflammation down. Thank you!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. How old is Meloxithyl?
Customer: She is 8 years. Her name is Bina. the medicene she takes is call Meloxithyl (or Metcam).
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Meloxithyl?
Customer: i miss-spelled. Meloxidyl is the medicene she is on. thank you.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Now its great to hear that it is helping Bina, but please note that Meloxidyl can only be used once daily. If we were to use it more often, this could run the risk of GI upset (vomiting, diarrhea, appetite loss) but also stomach ulcers. Therefore, it is positive that she is responding but it should keep that inflammation down for 24 hours until it is next safe to dose her.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )