Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hello. Thanks for the question.
There is not really a toxic dose of omega 3's. The most we typically see with large ingestions is some pretty nasty diarrhea. It gets pretty greasy with all those fish oils.
If the signs are severe enough, we can use anti-diarrheal meds and fluids to rehydrate. Most of the time we just wait out the signs over 24-48 hours and make sure that they are eating and they have free access to water.
I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.