Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I have a male Boston terrier My name is ***** ***** Sure, I

Customer Question

I have a male Boston terrier My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure, I just got home from work and found him laying in a puddle of urine and he is very sick he is not moving and i had to carry him outside to use the bathroom he is trembling some, no throwing up or diarhea
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 8 months ago.

Your Boston's collapse and urinary incontinence are very important symptoms but they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder. For example, he may have suffered a seizure or a stroke. He may have suffered a syncopal ("fainting") episode due to cardiac arrhythmia (irregular heart rate). He may be experiencing the endstage of one of many metabolic disorders. Whatever the etiology, he represents a patient in need of an on-call/ER vet at your earliest convenience. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish but I'd rather you were on your way to a 24-hour facility. Do you have such a facility available to you?