Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I have a male Boston terrier My name is ***** ***** Sure, I

Customer Question

I have a male Boston terrier My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure, I just got home from work and found him laying in a puddle of urine and he is very sick he is not moving and i had to carry him outside to use the bathroom he is trembling some, no throwing up or diarhea
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 10 months ago.

Your Boston's collapse and urinary incontinence are very important symptoms but they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder. For example, he may have suffered a seizure or a stroke. He may have suffered a syncopal ("fainting") episode due to cardiac arrhythmia (irregular heart rate). He may be experiencing the endstage of one of many metabolic disorders. Whatever the etiology, he represents a patient in need of an on-call/ER vet at your earliest convenience. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish but I'd rather you were on your way to a 24-hour facility. Do you have such a facility available to you?