Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hello, I am Dr Ola and I am a licensed veterinarian. At this point, I would not be overly concerned about this. Plavix is a medication that is half excreted by the kidneys (via the urine) and half excreted by the liver (and eventually passing through the stool). This mean that he ingested only about 1/2 of active metabolites (after liver metabolism) in a 75 mg tablets and I don't believe this is high enough to cause toxicity. However, I would continue to watch him for adverse side effects, such as vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, ANY signs of bleeding (such as from gums, nose, in stools or urine). If any of these occur, take him to a veterinarian right away. For now, just observe him and keep him away from the source in the future!
I hope my professional advice was some help to you today. Please do not forget to rate my response which I hope you found to be excellent! If you have other questions about this, please let me know!