Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Lake Chatuge Animal Hospital
77721119

MY 2YR OLD 18LB CHUG 1/2 PUG 1/2 CHIHUAHUA INJESTED DIHAREA

Customer Question

MY 2YR OLD 18LB CHUG 1/2 PUG 1/2 CHIHUAHUA INJESTED DIHAREA FROM HIS OWNER WHO IS ON CLOPIDOGREL (PLAVIX)75MG AND MAX COQ10 ULTRA PQQ 400MG HOWEVER THE PLAVIX WAS BEING WEANED OFF AND SKIPPING 2 DAYS AND PRIOR TO TAKING IT LAST NIGHT HAD STARTED SKIPPING TO EVERY 3RD DAY. I WOULD SAY HE INJESTED ABOUT 1/2 CUP OF POOP. SHOULD I BE CONCERNED??????
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Ola Barrett replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I am Dr Ola and I am a licensed veterinarian. At this point, I would not be overly concerned about this. Plavix is a medication that is half excreted by the kidneys (via the urine) and half excreted by the liver (and eventually passing through the stool). This mean that he ingested only about 1/2 of active metabolites (after liver metabolism) in a 75 mg tablets and I don't believe this is high enough to cause toxicity. However, I would continue to watch him for adverse side effects, such as vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, ANY signs of bleeding (such as from gums, nose, in stools or urine). If any of these occur, take him to a veterinarian right away. For now, just observe him and keep him away from the source in the future!

I hope my professional advice was some help to you today. Please do not forget to rate my response which I hope you found to be excellent! If you have other questions about this, please let me know!

Expert:  Ola Barrett replied 10 months ago.
Hello, I'm just checking in to see how your dog is doing since ingesting the Plavix? Let me know if you have further questions about this.. If not, please take the time to rate my response so I may be credited for assisting you and your pet!
Hi Lindy,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Ola Barrett