Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I took my new puppy in to have a tick removed 2 days ago.

Customer Question

I took my new puppy in to have a tick removed 2 days ago. She still has a bump at the site. Should I be concerned? Should I treat with anything additional? Thank you!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 8 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread.

Friend, it is common for the area where the tick was attached to be slightly inflamed. It may take a week or so to completely disappear; no need to be concern. For now what you can do is apply a topical antibiotic like neosporin or bacitracin 2 times a day. You can buy these over the counter in any pharmacy. Do Not let her lick the area.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

I'm just following up on our conversation about Lexi. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter