Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

She has cushing disease and is on medication. she is

Customer Question

she has cushing disease and is on medication. she is drinking an abnormal amount of water and urinating a lot. she has a puffed belly and is breathing heavy and panting. she is not snoring which she usually does. I cant get to a vet until Monday what can I do for her
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about Baelene having Cushing's disease. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

What medication is she taking? When did she last have blood tests?

It sounds like her Cushing's is not well controlled if she is still drinking s lot, urinating a lot, and has a puffed belly and is panting. Probably she needs to have her medication dose adjusted, but I need to know her weight, what drug she is taking, how many millgrams of the drug and how often, and when she last had a blood test to see if the dose of her medication is correct. She also may have a complication we sometimes see with Cushing's such as diabetes or a bladder infection, so when you can take her to your vet, I would take along a sample of her urine to be tested for these.

Cushex drops are available in pet stores and online and help some dogs with the symptoms of Cushing's disease.

Let me know what medication she is taking, and what else I can answer. Rebecca

Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.

I hope you were able to see what I sent. Can I help with or answer anything else?