Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My Pitbull has this deep cough/ hacking like he might vomit

Customer Question

My Pitbull has this deep cough/ hacking like he might vomit but never does. It's been a month like this and the cough is getting much worse. Where should I start? A child's cough med?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your child's dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No nothing out of the ordinary
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Raider 14 months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Raider?
Customer: He has all shots, kennel cough, rabies and heart worm med
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Has he been around any other dogs prior to his coughing signs such as a kennel or a dog park? Is he on any medication currently?