Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

How much does it cost to ask a simple question, i use a

Customer Question

hi, how much does it cost to ask a simple question
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i use a lidocaine cream and my dog licked my hand with it on it. She is fine but there is a warning on the label so i wanted to make sure that that amount is ok for an 85 lb dog
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. A few licks of lidocaine will numb your dog's tongue and oral cavity but your dog will remain safe. We use this drug intravenously in dogs. It's not active orally because of a high first-pass effect (the liver removes its availability). Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.