Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.

The dog I'm pet sitting ate 2 proin pills when I

Customer Question

The dog I'm pet sitting ate 2 proin pills when I accidentally dropped the bottle. She was only suppose to have one
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Ivy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ivy?
Customer: Ivy does have cancerous masses and is not being treated for them. She was also prescribed DES 1mg over a year ago but has not had it filled since she moved out here
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Can you please tell me: how long ago this occurred, the mg of the proin ingested per tablet, and how much does she weigh? Lastly her age and breed? Thank you, ***** ***** this information I can calculate the level of concern from this ingestion and how best to treat her

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It happened about 20 minutes ago. They were 50mg tablets. She is older cocker spaniel, appx 12yrs old, not certain of her weight appx 50lbs

Do you have a scale at home you can weigh yourself and then pick her up and weigh the two of you? 50 pounds is very large for a Cocker, typically about 25-35 pounds

Do you know if she has a heart condition or blood pressure issues?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was able to get in touch with her vet. He said I need to take her in to emergency. Thank you for your time

OK best of luck to you both, truly

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you

You are very welcome. Please let me know if you would like the question sent to customer service

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Good morning, I wanted to check in on your pet sitting friend to see if everything went alright? I would love an update when you are able....

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 6 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Altman