Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I have a Boston terrier and the inside of her eye lid is

Customer Question

I have a Boston terrier and the inside of her eye lid is cut
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the Boston terrier bleeding a lot?
Customer: It has slowed down so not coming out of eye but eye is very bloody
JA: What is the Boston terrier's name and age?
Customer: Kirby 9months
JA: How old is Kirby?
Customer: 9months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kirby?
Customer: No
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Customer: Ok
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid $19
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. It should have been due to the nature of the question. You still deserve the courtesy of a reply. Unfortunately, it necessarily needs to be unsatisfactory because the extent of such an injury is very difficult for an online vet to assess. The "inside of her eyelid" can mean different things to different vets. More important, Kirby's cornea or deeper structures inside her eye may have been injured. In general, when eyes are injured they should be attended to by a vet at your earliest convenience if only because eyes can "go south" in a hurry. Please have Kirby's eye attended to by her vet at your earliest convenience.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I am currently waiting for vet to open to get spot today ASAP. Anything I can do in the meantime to help her? She's acting fine but the bot***** *****d is VERY swollen and weepy this morning.

You can administer aspirin at a dose of 10 mg/lb with food for Kirby's comfort and to keep inflammation at bay but I don't want your disturbing that lid lest it begin bleeding once again. Acetaminophen is OK at 7 mg/lb but isn't antiinflammatory as is aspirin. You must avoid both the toxic ibuprofen and naproxen. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have rimadyl is that ok?

Rimdyl is a good choice at 1 mg/lb.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok perfect. Thank you

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will do that

I appreciate it! No need to reply at this time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She went to the vet and it is a small tear on the inside of the bot***** *****d. He gave her neobacim yx-H ointment for 2x a day until gone. Also gave a shot of dexamethasone.

Thank you for the update. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know. Do you know how the lid may have been torn?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She was playing with my
Other dog and he pawed at her and his nail caught her eyelid

Ah! Thank you. Make him pay for the visit. Tell him he needs a job.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haha! Wouldn't that be nice! Thank you again.

You're quite welcome.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?