Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

My 6 pound dog ate part of a 100 mg tab of Clozaril. What

Customer Question

My 6 pound dog ate part of a 100 mg tab of Clozaril. What should I do
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 7 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has it been since he/she ate it?

2- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
about three hours ago. we thought it was inderdal but we realized a few minutes ago it was clozaril. I don't have peroxide but I can get some
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He is drooling and somewhat sedated but he is eating and drinking

Friend, at this point inducing vomiting with peroxide is not going to help as the Clorazil has been absorbed. Unfortunately not much you will be able to do at home. He will need to be seen by a veterinarian for supportive care and monitoring.

I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!