Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog dragging s back legs and scoots across the house or

Customer Question

My dog dragging his back legs and scoots across the house or yard. He is on a chain during the pretty weather but inside other then that. I can't afford a vet because I can't find one to take payments . What could be wrong
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: He has no visible marks that I can tell. He does not seem to be in pain. But he has bit me when I would try to pick him up. He has always had problems with using the restroom *constipated) could that b a issue
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is 4 yrs old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Fred n?
Customer: No he's normally active and very hyper. When we try changing his food due to continuation he won't eat. So I have been trying to mix his regular food with a little can food to see if it helps him go. He normally goes within a few hrs of that.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 7 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your dog. How long has this problem been going on for? What kind of dog is he? Can he move his hind legs at all? for example, if you pinch his toes, can he pull his foot back away from your hand?