Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM from Iowa State University in 1994; actively engaged in private regular and emergency practice since that time.
36050890

What is the best non-irritating glue to use when trying to

Customer Question

What is the best non-irritating glue to use when trying to get a dogs ears to stand up properly? What is the best way to remove the adhesive. I want to try gluing in breathe right strips, but I do not want to irritate the ear.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 8 months ago.

The best glue that so far I have not seen irritate skin at all is Tear Mender. It just peels off like rubber when it gets old in the ears. If the glue has not come unstuck after some time has passed you can use adhesive remover (either the medical brands or Goo-Be-Gone) to get it to unstick.

I hope this information helps.

Thank you for using our website, and please be sure to rate my response so I may receive credit for helping you today.