Drhollowayvet
Drhollowayvet,
Experience:  Relief Veterinarian at Aloha Animal Hospital
92209471

What can you do or give your dog if you get meth, She acting

Customer Question

What can you do or give your dog if you get meth
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She acting like head bobbing back and forth nervous can't sit still dry mouth
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 8 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H for short. I do apologize that no one was available to address your initial post.

I am sorry to hear that your pet may have ingested meth. And by Meth do you mean Methamphetamine?

This drug can have pretty serious effects on pets that require IV fluids, detoxification, hospitalization and benzodiazepines to combat neurological abnormalities. I HIGHLY recommend taking her in asap for treatment as this is beyond the scope of anything you can address or treat at home unfortunately. Your pet is in serious danger of deleterious effects from drug intoxication.

I sure hope this message finds you in time and you are able to get her seen by an ER vet.

Best regards,

- Dr. H

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Drhollowayvet