How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 23822
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 6month old puppy just ate a container O'Keefes foot

Customer Question

My 6month old puppy just ate a container O'Keefes foot cream, 3.2 oz, about 1/2 full
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.

That foot cream is composed mainly of non-toxic allantoin and glycerin - moisturizers. If ingested, transient gastrointestinal distress - inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea - might arise but toxicity isn't expected. I'm more concerned about the housing. Did Tess ingest the container?

Related Dog Veterinary Questions