Barbara Fehr
Barbara Fehr,
Experience:  Veterinarian/Owner at The Village Veterinarian
77129835

I just wrote about my miniature schnauzer and eating the

Customer Question

I just wrote about my miniature schnauzer and eating the rubber case on the fit bit. I was wondering would it be possible for her to just pass it and not have any issues?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I can help you with your question today.

Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it is certainly possible that she will be able to pass it normally and not have an problems from that ingestion.

Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

How long ago did she ingest the rubber?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She ate it about 7 hours ago.
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

Has she had any vomiting or changes in behavior?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not at all. Not yet anyway.
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

Good. Then you can attempt to monitor her at home. I would feed an increased fiber diet (add 1 tablespoon of metamucil or several spoonfuls of All Bran Cereal) for a couple of days and watch her closely. If you see any vomiting, inappetence, or signs of abdominal pain (restlessness, biting or looking at the belly, repeated stretching), she should be seen by your local vet.

Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

Then, she should only go outside on leash so you can monitor her stool output. Check each bowel movement for evidence that the rubber has passed, and then you will know when she is out of the woods.

Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have further questions. I am happy to continue until I provide the service that you seek. Here is my website if you need to reach me again: http://www.justanswer.com/veterinary/expert-drsusanfriend/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok fine. I answered her question but have not received a reply.
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, were you unable to see all of my responses? Here is what I wrote:

Good. Then you can attempt to monitor her at home. I would feed an increased fiber diet (add 1 tablespoon of metamucil or several spoonfuls of All Bran Cereal) for a couple of days and watch her closely. If you see any vomiting, inappetence, or signs of abdominal pain (restlessness, biting or looking at the belly, repeated stretching), she should be seen by your local vet. Then, she should only go outside on leash so you can monitor her stool output. Check each bowel movement for evidence that the rubber has passed, and then you will know when she is out of the woods.

Expert:  Barbara Fehr replied 1 year ago.
Do you want to speak to a veterinarian?
Dr. Barbara