Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My 22 lb doxie has been reverse sneezing and sounds

Customer Question

My 22 lb doxie has been reverse sneezing and sounds congested. He saw the vet 2 weeks ago for an absessed tooth removal and she said he was in good condition. He finished a 10 day dosage of clindamyacin on Monday
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he's 9 years old. He's always been healthy and so I'm a little concerned with the congested sounds.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Angus?
Customer: No he's 1 of 4 dogs we own
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Hi this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this.....are you available for chat?

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I will go ahead and answer you since you are not currently online. I suspect that your dog may have an oral fistula into his nasal cavity. These have to be repaired when a tooth is removed or you can get congestion and sneezing like you have described.

A recheck to your vet is in order and you should ask if your dog has an oral nasal fistula that could be causing this........and if so it will need to be repaired. Some vets do not know how to repair these so you may need to find someone who does. I can help you with that if you find that this is indeed the problem.

It is also possible that there could be some other problem but this soon after sx suggest what I have described.

I hope this helps you but let me know if you need additional help as I check my computer every night. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much!

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

I will be back online tonight so if you have additional questions or concerns please feel free to leave here. Sincerely, DRB