Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

She is a 10 year old lab she won't eat but is drinking. She

Customer Question

Hi she is a 10 year old lab she won't eat but is drinking. She is having bathroom control problems and then she will map and perk up
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Daisy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Daisy?
Customer: It's very unusual for her she normally gets into everything I have to keep cupboards and trash up
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your Lab. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

How long has she not been eating? I always take loss of appetite very seriously especially in older dogs. Not eating is often the only clue a dog will send us that they are sick or in pain.

What bathroom control problems is she having? Both urine, and feces?

If you check her gums, are they pink in color? If they appear pale, I am even more concerned about her. Can you take her temperature with a thermometer?

If she were my own dog, I would begin with a thorough physical exam: palpate internal organs and lymph nodes, listen with a stethoscope, take her temp, etc. Basic blood tests would also be a good idea, if not recently done, to check her blood counts, liver and kidney function, blood sugar, etc.

Let me know if you can get her temp, if her gums are pink or pale, and if she is having fecal or urine (or both) control problems.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 8 months ago.

I hope you were able to see what I wrote. Can I answer anything else?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 8 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?