Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog has trouble breathing at night....she pants all

Customer Question

My dog has trouble breathing at night....she pants all night
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She had chest xrays last week that show no issue & they gave her anti nausea meds & prevacid
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb.

I recently came online and see that your question hasn't been answered. I'm so sorry that you've had to wait for a response, but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can.

I do have a few questions to ask first, if you don't mind:

1. How old is your dog?

2. What breed is she?

3. How long has this problem been present?

4. Any other symptoms such as weight loss or coughing or change in thirst/urination?

Since it looks as if you are currently offline, there may be a delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you and I may be offline at the time you respond. But I'll get back to you as soon as I can since I'm on the computer some part of every day.

Thanks for your patience. Deb

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Many thanks for your dog passed yesterday morning at the vet. She had fluid in her lungs & around her heart which was enlarged
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 7 months ago.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that your lost your dog; you must be absolutely heartbroken:(

It sounds as if things were pretty serious with her but at least you didn't wait to have her seen.

I'm appreciative that you took the time to let me know; my sincerest condolences to you and your family. Kind regards, Deb