Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog is twitching not very responsive looks like she is in

Customer Question

My dog is twitching not very responsive looks like she is in a daze won't eat not sure what to do she's a Maltese Pekingese 7 yr
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 7 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry to hear that your pup is acting oddly - how long has this been going on? When did she last eat?

Being unresponsive is one of a short list of problems that I'd typically recommend an emergency room visit to have evaluated. Twitching is a really difficult symptom to evaluate without being able to actually see your pet in person. It could be something pain related, it could be a neurologic symp***** *****ke a partial seizure, it can be anxiety (which looks more like shivering), it could be a sign of a toxin ingestion - the list is really long. What's she up to now?

~Dr. Sara