Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

My dog was under the rain and he harley moves has not peed

Customer Question

hi
my dog was under the rain and he harley moves has not peed or poop since saturday im so worry we gave hin charcoal
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 8 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry to hear that Napoleon has been so ill. Why is it that you thought he was poisoned? When did he last eat or drink?

From your very short description, I am concerned enough about Napoleon to suggest that you seek an emergency vet to have him examined ASAP. It's definitely been too long without peeing and pooping - something is seriously wrong. It's also definitely not normal for them to be hardly moving at all. If you absolutely cannot seek emergency care for him, we can continue to chat and I'll help you as best I can.

Please let me know what other questions I can handle for you.

~Dr. Sara

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My goal is to provide you with the most complete and accurate “five star” answer. If my answer isn’t what you were expecting, it’s incomplete, or you have more questions PLEASE REPLY to let me know what information you are looking for BEFORE giving me a negative rating! If my answer has been helpful to you, please show me by giving me a favorable rating. Thank you so much :)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We gave him charcol and he at least moves his tail but still in the same spot im so worried because i had a dog that was bitten by a recluse spider and napoleon fur is like a corgi very poofy i cant see anything too furry
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 8 months ago.

Brown recluse bites cause large areas of necrosis (dead tissue) and open wounds - so if you're seeing that he's more ill than just a wound, then there's probably something else going on here.

~Dr. Sara