Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My male dog was fixed in january, we noticed swelling in the

Customer Question

my male dog was fixed in january, we noticed swelling in the genital area, his penis is very swollen and he has like a big ball around that are, out Vet is off today, can you help?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: last wednesday he was given penicillin and prednisone and he was given an ultrasound to see if he had broken his penile bone(his penile bone is not broken)
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 7 months ago via
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 7 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Where exactly is the swelling, on the shaft of the penis?

2- Can you post a picture on this thread?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We just took him to another local vet, we do not need the consultation anymore.

Fair enough.