Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

Ate comet and bleach, Cago 8 weeks, No ma'am,

Customer Question

Ate comet and bleach
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Cago 8 weeks
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cago?
Customer: No ma'am
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 8 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has it been since ate comet and bleach?

2- How much does he weigh?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm not exactly sure how long he was caught licking it off the floor about 30 minutes ago dog weighs 15 lbs

Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Friend, both bleach and comet can be very irritating to the gastrointestinal tract and lead to: ***** ***** pain, vomiting, etc. Inducing vomiting is not indicated because of fear of inhaling the bleach or comet into the lungs making things worst. This is what you can do:

1- Give him some milk to dilute the bleach and comet. In addition, you can give him some bread to help bind the chemicals and pass it in the stool.

2- Do not induce vomiting.

3- Do not give things like pepto bismol.

4- Start him on Pepcid AC (famotidine) 10mg 1/4 tablet every 12 hours for the next 5-7 days. You can buy pepcid ac over the counter in any pharmacy.

5- If he becomes lethargic, anorexic, abdominal pain, difficulty breathing, etc. have him checked by a veterinarian.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My wife spoke to 3 other vets and they say it's fatal and SHOULD induce vomiting is that for the money or is it really that serious?

Friend, I have to respectfully ***** ***** inducing vomiting with harsh chemicals. If any of these get into the lungs it could definitely be fatal. Please feel free to contact Animal Poison Control, there number is:(###) ###-#### ***** specialize with toxicity in dogs.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How would I know it would be in dire need to take him to a vet?

If he becomes lethargic, anorexic, abdominal pain, difficulty breathing, etc. have him checked by a veterinarian immediately. In the meantime begin to take measures to protect his gastrointestinal tract as described above.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Warm milk or cold milk
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How much bread and on what schedule

warm milk.

Give him a couple of slices of bread. There is no schedule, you are giving this once, now.