Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My mom bulldog has cancer and today is vomitting anything

Customer Question

My mom bulldog has cancer and today is vomitting anything she eats. The vomit is a white to foamy flem look. Is there anything we can do to stop vomitting. Like zofran?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the bulldog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No she actually refused to eat dinner
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the bulldog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is 9
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sadie?
Customer: Tramadol for pain and hush dosage multi vitamin called k9 immune. She has been dx for 3 years. My parents had cancer cut off and they couldn't get it all and now they can't dochem or radiation bcc she is an English bulldog.
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just paid and Sadie actual dx is STSs
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.

Zofran (ondansetron) is particularly effective when used for severe vomiting in dogs (particularly when chemotherapy-induced). Most recommended dosages are 0.23 - 0.46 mg/lb every 12 hours. Cerenia (maropitant) is another good consideration and should be available through Sadie's vet. Consider an injectable form of any antiemetic at this time if for the only reason that anything given orally may not be retained until vomiting is well controlled.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.