Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

He is in pain when he jumps or walks up stairs. We had

Customer Question

He is in pain when he jumps or walks up stairs. We had appointment with local vet today but we can even get him into car with out him yelping in pain. Vet is coming thursday to house now but he just rolled onto his back and yelp very badly then peed on him self i am worried about the urination being a sign of how bad the pain is
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: All paws are fine no cuts swelling or irritation
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No he is only 3 years old. And just come out of date for his immunization shots which we were going to get done today. But from what we know there has been no trauma to his back or hips where it looks like the pain is in that region or back legs
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Can he walk comfortably on flat ground?

Is he favouring any leg? Does he drag either one?

Does he have normally feeling and use of the legs even if sore?