Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

I have a 5 month yorkie and I just came home from a

Customer Question

I have a 5 month yorkie and I just came home from a overnight stay and now she won't eat and barely moving. What should I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

This sounds concerning for Junior. She is too young and too little to do a wait-and-see approach. If you offer her favorites at home, even trying some people food such as white rice and boiled chicken breast (or cottage cheese) and she refuses this, then I must recommend you have her seen tonight at your local emergency clinic. There are many possible reasons for her to be unwilling to eat and lethargic ranging from running a fever which can be from infection to ingestion of something unusual which has upset her system to a more severe issues such as liver or kidney problems.

I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.

Please let me know if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.

If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.