Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My border collie is 3. She steeped ona piece of glass. We

Customer Question

My border collie is 3. She steeped ona piece of glass. We cleaned the wound. It only bleeds when she walks on it.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry to hear what happened to your dog. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

If you cleaned the wound, that is a good start. Are you pretty sure there is no more glass in it?

How big is the wound? If it is an inch or so, I would probably suture it closed. If it is smaller, I might just bandage it for a few days until the bleeding stops. It can be hard to bandage a foot; too loose and it falls off; too tight and it can cut off circulation.

Usually a clean sharp cut does not get infected. You can apply Neopsporin or triple antibiotics ointment once to twice daily

Expert:  Rebecca replied 8 months ago.

I hope you could see my answer! How is she doing? Let me know if I can help with anything else. Rebecca

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Though it wasa small cut, I decided to have it checked out. She had6 stitches.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 8 months ago.
I am glad you got it checked and treated. Let me know if I can help with anything else.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 8 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?