Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 2 year old labradoodle just got groomed 4 days ago shaved

Customer Question

My 2 year old labradoodle just got groomed 4 days ago shaved all the way because heat is coming plus she was really matted so yesterday i noticed she was shivering like cold shivering, we put her a sweater and gave her her blanket but that hasnt stopped her and now im worries i thought it was that she was just cold but now i dont think is that since i oticed she has reduced the ammount of food she is eating and just wants to be sleeping the whole day, what can i do? I do not have much money right now to take her get a xrays
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DakotaSouthFive replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. Sometimes when a dog gets a full shave down they do act differently and putting a shirt on them can help. Sometimes that event is a bit traumatizing to them and if the groomer did not have gentle hands, which some do not, then it makes it worse and some dogs will sleep most of the day when they get home. Shivering though, can be a sign of pain so take the vital signs of the dog , the link is below and make sure that is all normal.

I would call the groomer and ask if anything happened during grooming to be on the safe side. For now keep her comfortable and keep an eye on her vital signs.

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/what-is-normal-in-dogs/page1.aspx