Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

One of my dogs is acting strange. Won't relax is panting and

Customer Question

One of my dogs is acting strange. Won't relax is panting and pawing. Has been doing it all night.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He moves his head around like Stevie wonder
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 8 months ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

I assume the pawing is at his head? The head movement is concerning. If this is continuous and you cannot distract him out of it then this signals a neurological (brain) problem. However, if he does this as if something is bothering him but can be distracted out of it, then it is probably not neurological. This could indicate something in his mouth is painful or annoying him such as a trapped object (treat, toy, stick, etc) or ulceration or burn, etc. Since this is not resolving, I recommend you have him examined by his veterinarian this morning. He needs a good look inside his mouth to see what may be going on, and to ensure this is not neurological.

I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.

Please let me know if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.

If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.