Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our little dog started the day hacking until he threw-up. 2

Customer Question

Our little dog started the day hacking until he threw-up. 2 times. since then he has been really wet/drouling around the mouth. To the point that its dripping. He wants to lay in his bed and he is kinda shivering. Normally a very active and attached dog.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 8 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about Ned! Is there anything that he could have gotten into? trash or medication or anything of that sort? Does he have a habit of eating things that he shouldn't like toys or socks, etc.?

Can you look him over and tell me:

• are his gums pink or pale?
  • does he have pain if you press on his belly?
  • is he having trouble breathing?
  • did the vomit contain anything that looked like blood or dark coffee grounds?

***Please be aware that the information we discuss is only general information about animal health that may relate to your pet’s concerns. The only way to determine the true cause of your pet’s concerns is an in-person exam with your veterinarian, and this online service cannot replace a veterinary exam.***