Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My Yorkie sounds like she has a bronchial congestion. It

Customer Question

My Yorkie sounds like she has a bronchial congestion. It comes and goes, she doesn't cough, and I only hear it sometimes. When she wakes, falls asleep. I've listened to her lungs (nurse) and felt her chest when breathing and I don't hear or feel anything. No nasal discharge
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 7 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr.Jess. I am sorry to hear about Bella! Is she still on an antibiotic? Does she have any difficulty breathing? How is her energy level and appetite?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She is done with the antibiotics, breathing fine, active as usual. Appetite is fair, taking treats well
Expert:  Jess K replied 7 months ago.

And did this problem start before the antibiotics were finished? Do you know the name of the antibiotic?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It started a bit after the antibiotics called Clavamox
Expert:  Jess K replied 7 months ago.

Ok. If this is happening regularly since you finished the antibiotic, I would recommend consulting with your vet. I do worry given her history if some aspiration could have happened during her episode you described. It is possible that the antibiotic was helping treat a mild case of aspiration pneumonia, and now that it has been stopped, the pneumonia could be returning if she wasn't on a long enough course of antibiotc. The safest thing would be to have them examine her and perhaps reshoot her x-ray to check for changes in the lungs.