Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My 8 month old male American bulldog has an enlarged penis

Customer Question

Hello I am Destiny. My 8 month old male American bulldog has an enlarged penis that is very discolored. Resembling a whitish grayish color. Also just above his testies on both sides of his penis there are two very hard feeling circles? What could this be?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am not sure what this could be.enlarged penis that is very discolored. Resembling a whitish grayish color. Also just above his testies on both sides of his penis there are two very hard feeling circles?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 8 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread.

Friend, some dogs have a pale colored penis and this is completely normal. The two circles you are feeling are the bulbus glandis which is erectile tissue found in the penis of dogs; it becomes enlarged when they have an erection, this is also normal.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter