Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog jumped off sofa 7 weeks post disc surgery, how

Customer Question

My dog jumped off sofa 7 weeks post disc surgery, how worried should I be?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me so could you please answer the following :

1. Is your dog showing any adverse symptoms after this event?

You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's been 7 weeks since her compression surgery on 4 discs, she has not got some movement in her back legs and has bladder and bowel control but of course it's still early days. Sometimes she looks better than others and although not displaying any obvious additional signs it's still difficult to tell. I've had her in the crate since it happened and not sure if I should be taking her to the vets?

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. This sort of situation is relatively simple, if she has not suffered any obvious adverse symptoms of any kind due to the fall from the sofa then you would be taking very little risk in just carrying on as before. But if in doubt have her checked over, but usually any problems resultant from the fall would be very obvious.

Recover from back surgery does take time I know ...

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning her back problem ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott