Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Was Vomiting and stomach cramps 2 weeks ago. Would drink

Customer Question

Was Vomiting and stomach cramps 2 weeks ago. Would drink plain water or ice cubes made of revive (mostly maltodextrin). Then ate normally for a few days (raw ground chicken and redpaw). 4 weeks pregnant. Very fit sled dog who has been running 11 mile sprint races. 6 years old.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Magic. She is drinking water.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Magic?
Customer: We are in a small remote community in northern canada. No vet nearby. I have some clindamyacin on hand.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Magic. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

I see she ate normally for a few days; is she not eating now?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

If you check her gums, are they pink in color? Can you take her temp with a thermometer?

Clindamycin might be recommended if she has a bacterial infection, but it can cause vomiting and loss of appetite.

Since I can't see and examine her, the more information you can send me the more I can be of help.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 8 months ago.

I see she was vomiting 2 weeks ago; has that continued or resolved?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 8 months ago.

How is Magic doing today?