Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

I have a galgo weighing 23 kg and she has just ate 100gm of

Customer Question

I have a galgo weighing 23 kg and she has just ate 100gm of milk chocolate. Should I go to the vet?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: She is a Galgo ( Similar to a Greyhound) and 3 years old.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Judy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Judy?
Customer: She has Leishmania
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

I am happy to report that this will not cause any problems for Judy. It is true that chocolate can be dangerous but milk chocolate is the least dangerous and it would take several ounces of chocolate for this to cause any problems. 100g will not cause any problems at all. 200g will start to cause diarrhea and vomiting, over 300g will be where a dog of this weight would need veterinary help. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions, if it did help, please leave a rating.

Dr. Dan

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 8 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Dan